Changes to online patent application filing system
March 30, 2012
On Monday, March 26, 2012 the following changes took effect on CIPO's Filing/Completing a Canadian Application for Patent online system:
- The Inventor field is no longer mandatory.
- The petition is automatically generated by default but the user can select that it not be generated.
- The 'Statement of Legal Representative' is automatically generated by default but the user can select that it not be generated.
- All address fields have been increased to 256 characters.
- The Deposit Account field will be inaccessible when a credit card payment is selected; also the Deposit Account field is limited to 10 characters.
For more information on these changes, please contact Robert Snippe.