What are the steps in obtaining a trade-mark registration?
Trade-mark registration usually involves:
- preliminary search of existing trade-marks;
- filing of your application with the Office of the Registrar of Trade-marks;
- examination of your application by the Office of the Registrar of Trade-marks;
- publishing of the application in the Trade-marks Journal;
- waiting period to allow for oppositions, if any, to your application;
- allowance of your application (if there is no opposition or if any opposition raised is decided in your favour); and
- registration of your trade-mark by the Office of the Registrar of Trade-marks.