Information regarding submission of a PPH request
- Please prominently mark each page of the covering letter in subsequent correspondence with the term "PPH". This will facilitate the identification of the correspondence as relating to a PPH application, and ensure the correct processing of subsequent correspondence.
- To ensure that PPH requests are processed correctly:
- the "Request Form" should be the uppermost document
- if applicant is also submitting a Request for Examination, a voluntary amendment, or a request to have an application opened to public inspection before the expiry of the confidentiality period, please submit these documents together with the PPH request.
- When submitting a PPH request together with a request to have an application opened to public inspection before the expiry of the confidentiality period, please note that the Client Service Commitment for providing a first action in response to a PPH request is from the date the application is laid open (rather than the date of the PPH request). In order to be eligible for participation in the PPH, the CIPO application must be open to public inspection.
If the PPH request includes a translation of the claims indicated as allowable by a PPH partner office, and the translated claims are identical to the claims on file at CIPO, the applicant may indicate, in writing, that the translated claims and the claims on file are identical (rather than submitting two sets of identical claims).
Alternatively, if the PPH request includes a voluntary amendment of claims that are identical to the translation of the claims indicated as allowable by a PPH partner office, the applicant may indicate, in writing, that the translated claims and the submitted claims are identical (rather than submitting two sets of identical claims).
- For additional information on submitting a PPH request, please visit CIPO's PPH web pages.
Any inquiries concerning the PPH may be directed to the PPH Project Manager by email: email@example.com, or by calling the CIPO Client Service Center at 819-934-0544 or toll-free at 1-866-997-1936.