Archived — PCT Schedule of Fees - July 1st, 2010
View the most recent version. The following document is out of date.
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) Schedule of Fees Applicable for Applications Filed on or After July1st, 2010
- Transmittal Fee (Rule 14)$300
- International Filing Fee$1,278*For each additional sheet over 30$14
- International Search Fee$1600
The above-mentioned fees are due at time of filing of the international application, or within one month from the international filing date (date of receipt of the international application by the receiving office). These fees are to be paid in Canadian dollars and cheques should be made payable to the Receiver General for Canada.
If the fees are not paid within one month from the international filing date, the receiving office shall invite the applicant to pay the amount required, together with a late payment fee under Rule 16bis.2, within one month from the date of the invitation. Failure to pay the fees will result in the withdrawal of the application by the receiving office.
- Late payment fee50% of the fees that are due, or,
Minimum: transmittal fee
Maximum: 50 % of the international filing fee
- Handling fee (Rule 57.2(a))$209
- Preliminary examination fee (Rule 58)$800
*International fees will be reduced by:
- $96 for all applications filed using PCT-EASY.
- $192 for all applications filed electronically using PCT-SAFE ( The request in character coded format).
- $288 for all applications filed electronically using PCT-SAFE ( The request, description, claims and abstract in character coded format).