It is possible to order a copy or a certified copy of any specific document or the complete file for the following products:
- Canadian Patent documents
- Applications open to public inspection1 and granted patents
- Canadian Trade-mark documents
- Applications and registered files
- Canadian Industrial Design documents
- Applications2 and registered files
- Canadian Copyright documents
- Registrations and assignments
- Cheque (payable to the Receiver General)
- Credit card (VISA, Master Card, American Express)
- Equitrac Payment System3
- CIPO deposit account4
- Regular mail
- Pick up
1 Non laid open applications, Canadian PCT applications not yet published through WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) and patent applications filed prior to October 1st 1989 are available only to the applicant or the applicant's agent, unless authorization in writing is received by the Office from the applicant or the applicant's agent allowing someone else to obtain them.
2Canadian Industrial Design application are available only to the applicant or the applicant's agent, unless authorization in writing is received by the Office from the applicant or the applicant's agent allowing someone else to obtain them.
3 Equitrac is an internal payment system that allows you to set up an account to print and photocopy IP documents. Such an account may be replenished at any time by credit card, cash, or via your company's deposit account.
4 See the Payments and Fees - Deposit Accounts for more information