Tools and references to help you
If you are looking for help in writing your patent application, here is a list of organizations to contact, some Internet resources, and two examples of actual patent applications.
To help get you started, there is also an example of a completed petition form and a blank petition form you can fill in and print.
Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO)
Place du Portage 1
50 Victoria Street, Room C-114
Gatineau QC K1A 0C9
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
34, Chemin des Colombettes
1211 Geneva 20,
Listed below are a few representative Internet sites but there are numerous others that deal with patents and intellectual property.
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- Industry Canada
- Canadian Patents Database (description and images – 1920 to present)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- European Patent Office
- Canada Business
Examples of Applications
- Patent for a Collapsible tent and frame therefor (Patent #2019415)
- Patent for a Separable electrical connector (Patent #2016132)