Filing a Trade-Mark Application
(Form for Trade-mark agent)
How to access this form
- The application form is located on a secure server on Industry Canada's Strategis website.
If you are a new client, you must create a username and password with Industry Canada. The Industry Canada username creation page is located on a secure server on the Industry Canada site.
Payments may be made by credit card or by deposit account.
- Activate your Strategis username by contacting the Trade-marks Formalities Section by phone at 819-953-8575 or by facsimile at 819-953-2244.
Note: It is important to provide the Formalities Section with your Strategis username in the same way that it was applied for. The Strategis username is case sensitive and must be recorded exactly as it was applied for.
For questions related to CIPO's applications, or to obtain a user guide, please contact the Client Service Centre.
You may choose to have the acknowledgement notice sent by e-mail. However, all further correspondence pertaining to this application will be by regular mail.
The help function can assist you in completing your application. When you access the Help you will find links to the database and related documents such as:
- The Trade-marks Regulations
- The Trade-marks Act
- The Trade-marks Examination Manual and more.
Note: You will have to log on to Strategis to access this document.
System Requirements and Information
You should review our system requirements and information summary to ensure you have the required software.
- For assistance with your username and password, contact the Industry Canada Help Desk.
- For questions related to CIPO's applications, or to obtain a user guide, please contact the Client Service Centre.
- To report a technical problem, please complete the Technical Problem Report form.