Filing a New or Revised Trademark Application
(Online Service for Trademark Agents)
Welcome to the CIPO Trademarks e-Filing service.
With this online service, you can file a new and revised trademark application. Upon payment of the prescribed filing fees, you will immediately receive your application number.
1. Before you apply
If you haven't already done so, we suggest that you consult the following information before starting your application:
- A Guide to Trademarks
- Trademark Application Process
- Search trademarks using the Canadian Trademarks Database.
- Use The Wares and Services Manual to search for acceptable wares (goods) and services expressions in Canada for trademark applications.
2. After you apply — filing a revised application
You may be required to file a revised trademark application following an examination report.
- Use the revised form only if you previously filed a trademark application and have a CIPO filing receipt.
- Do not use the form for revised applications for the Trademarks Opposition Board.
- Certain application changes are not allowed. Check which changes are allowed by reviewing Sections 31 and 32 of the Trade-marks Regulations.
3. Access the online forms (mandatory login)
- The online service is located on a secure server on the Industry Canada website.
To create a new username and password or update your existing registration, go to My Industry Canada Account.
If you are a new user of this system, you will need to activate your Industry Canada username by contacting the Trademarks Formalities Section by telephone at 819-997-2841 or by facsimile at 819-953-2244.
Note: It is important to provide the Formalities Section with your Industry Canada username in the same way that it was applied for. The username is case sensitive and must be recorded exactly as it was in the application.
- Payments can be made by credit card or by CIPO deposit account.
- Do you have questions about the new online system?
Complete the Technical Problem Report form.