Filing a Trade-Mark Application
(Form for individual applicant)
1. Before you apply
If you haven't already done so, we suggest that you do the following before starting your application:
- Consult A Guide to Trade-marks, the trade-marks application process and The Wares and Services Manual
- Conduct a trade-mark search (why conduct a search?)
2. Your application must contain:
- Name and address of applicant
- Drawing of the trade-mark, unless the trade-mark is only a word or words
- Wares (products) or services that the trade-mark will be or has been used for
- Either a statement indicating intention to use a certain trade-mark and how that use will occur or the date of first use of the trade-mark in Canada, whichever is applicable
- Application fee (see Tariff of Fees, Part I-Filing, Item 1)
3. Access the application form (mandatory login)
To create a new username and password or update your existing registration, go to My Industry Canada Account.
4. Create an Application
Complete the Technical Problem Report form.