The Client Service Centre's Commitment to Serve You
The Client Service Centre (CSC) is the central point of contact for CIPO's general enquiries. It plays a critical role in disseminating intellectual property (IP) information to clients and to the public. The CSC also provides client-focussed products and services as well as assistance with a wide variety of IP procedures and databases. The CSC strives to provide effective and timely responses to general client enquiries.
- We answer your call with courtesy and efficiency and, if necessary, refer you to the appropriate information officer to deal with your enquiry in the official language of your choice.
- We record all voice mail greetings clearly in both official languages.
- We listen to voice messages at least once a day and return your call within 1 business day.
- We greet you in the official language of your choice.
- We provide you with access to an information officer at the Client Service Centre to deal with your enquiry within 5 minutes of your arrival.
- If you wish to meet with a specialist, you must make an appointment beforehand.
General mail, email and fax enquiries*
- We correspond with you in the official language of your choice.
- We acknowledge general correspondence, email and fax requests within 2 business days of receipt in the Client Service Centre.
If you wish to formally register feedback concerning any of the products and services offered by CIPO, please complete the Client Feedback form.
* View the Client Service Centre Products and Services list for more detailed information on all products and services and related fees.