Request for certificate of correction
The following are instructions for requesting a certificate of correction:
- How to access this form
- Preparing your application
- System requirements and information
- If you experience a problem
- Form for Request for certificate of correction
A certificate of correction may be issued in cases where a clerical error has been made in preparing a copyright application or registration document.
Note: Address changes are not entered in the Register of Copyrights but will be noted in Copyright Office records for the convenience of searches.
How to access this form
The request for certificate of correction form is located on a secure server on the Strategis site. You must create a username and password with Strategis and then log on to the form.
Preparing your application
It's a good idea to become familiar with the documents How your application for registration of a copyright is processed and A Guide to Copyright prior to completing the form.
Note: Sections of the application form marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed before you submit your application.
Fees for Copyright Office errors, Client errors (requests for correction submitted online) and requests for correction submitted by mail or fax are listed in the Tariff of Fees.
Payments may be made by credit card or by deposit account.
System requirements and information
Please review our system requirements and information summary to ensure you have the required software.
If you experience a problem
- For username, password, or server error messages, contact the Strategis Help Desk at 1-800-328-6189 (Canada), or (613) 954-5031. Business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET). E-mail: email@example.com.
- For questions related to CIPO's online forms, please contact us.
- To report a technical problem, please complete the Technical Problem Report form.
Form for Request for certificate of correction.