Application for Registration of a Copyright in a Work
- How to access the application form
- Preparing the application
- System requirements and information
- If you experience a problem
- Application form
How to access the application form
The application form is located on a secure server. You must create a username and password and then log on to the form.
If you already have your username and password, proceed to the form or read more about the application process below.
Preparing the application
It may be helpful to read A Guide to Copyright and the document
How your application for registration of a copyright is processed prior to completing the form.
- Complete the application.
Please read the instructions on the form carefully. There are also various links throughout the form that provide important information related to the application.
- Review the application.
Once the application form is complete, it is important to print or save it for future reference.
Payments may be made by credit card or by deposit account.
System requirements and information
Please review our system requirements and information summary to ensure you have the required software.
If you experience a problem
- For username, password, or server error messages, contact the Strategis Help Desk at 1-800-328-6189 (Canada), or (613) 954-5031. Business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET). E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions related to CIPO's online forms, please contact us.
- To report a technical problem, please complete the Technical Problem Report form.