Trade-marks Database Tutorial
A trade-mark represents the reputation, experience, and expertise of a business while differentiating products and services from those of competitors.
Whether you are just starting out on a new business venture or have been in business for a long time, it is important to understand trade-marks and to know how to consult the Trade-marks Database.
This tutorial explains the business benefits of using the Trade-marks Database and demonstrates how to search the database. The tutorial is designed to provide guidance to the average user and is not intended to replace professional or expert advice.
The tutorial will cover the following:
- Selecting a trade-mark
- Protecting trade-marks
- Making strategic business decisions
- Trade-mark records and their data categories
- Performing a basic search
- Using wildcards to enhance searches
- Using search field options
- Searching with multiple criteria
- Searching by trade-mark types
- Searching by the date of an action
- Limiting the number of records returned
- Vienna Codes
- Organization of Vienna Codes
- Search by design using Vienna Codes
- Searching availability of potential trade-marks
- Searching for competitive information
- Searching by design