A Guide to Trade-marks (PDF - 2.91 MB - 42 pages)
- This electronic version of the guide is the official one.
- In the event of any inconsistency between this guide and the applicable legislation, the legislation must be followed.
- Copyright / Permission to Reproduce
Table of Contents
- Understanding Trade-marks – The Basics
- Purpose of this guide
- Who we are
- Contact us
- Your identity in the marketplace
- What is a trade-mark?
- Trade name vs. trade-mark
- Registered trade-mark vs. unregistered trade-mark
- What you can and cannot register
- Who can apply for registration?
- How long does registration last?
- How much does registration cost?
- What to consider before filing an application
- Consider hiring a registered trade-mark agent
- Filing a Trade-mark Application – Getting Started
- Preparing a trade-mark application
- Filing fees
- Filing your application
- Filing date
- The examination process
- Corresponding with the Office of the Registrar of Trade-marks
- Electronic services
- Trade-mark information - Beyond the Basics
- Additional Information