A Guide to Copyright
- This electronic version of the guide is the official one.
- In the event of any inconsistency between this guide and the applicable legislation, the legislation must be followed.
- Permission to Reproduce
Table of Contents
- Understanding Copyright — The Basics
- Purpose of this guide
- Who we are
- Contact us
- Protecting valuable creations
- What is copyright?
- What is protected by copyright?
- Conditions for copyright
- Benefits of registration
- How long does copyright last?
- What to consider before filing an application
- Getting Started
- Preparing an application for registration
- Electronic services
- Beyond the Basics
- Indicating copyright
- Changes to the Register of Copyrights
- Assignments and licences
- Additional contacts and information
- Appendix I — Glossary