Canadian Trademarks Details
Third-party information liability disclaimer
Some of the information on this Web page has been provided by external sources. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information supplied by external sources. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information. Content provided by external sources is not subject to official languages, privacy and accessibility requirements.
1491613 - SurfBook
For assistance with terms, refer to the Glossary
295 Phillip Street
- SURF BOOK
- (1) Key fobs; non-electric cables and wires of common metal for use in the telecommunications industry; (2) Apparatus for recording, transmission or reproduction of data, sound or images, namely, electronic handheld devices for creating, recording, organizing, transmitting, playing and reviewing text, image, sound, video and audio files, namely, personal digital assistants (PDAs), wireless phones, mobile phones, cellular phones and smart phones, video phones and mobile, slate and tablet computers; blank magnetic data carriers, namely, floppy discs, hard discs, plastic cards with a magnetic strip, smart cards, subscriber identity module (SIM) cards and blank memory cards for storing data; recording discs, namely, blank video discs, digital versatile discs, DVDs and high definition digital discs; calculating machines, namely, calculators; data processing equipment, namely, printers, scanners, cameras and computers for use with electronic handheld devices, namely, personal digital assistants (PDAs), wireless phones, mobile phones, cellular phones, smart phones, video phones and mobile, slate and tablet computers; computer software, namely, operation system software for computers, personal digital assistants (PDAs), wireless phones, mobile phones, cellular phones, smart phones and mobile, slate and tablet computers; computer communication software for the synchronization, transmission and sharing of data, calendar, content and messaging among one and more electronic handheld units and network and online servers and data stored on or associated with a computer; computer software and programs in the field of music, sports, gaming, movies, television, news, social networking, celebrities, nature, holidays, cooking, transportation, mapping, navigation, traffic, weather and destination information; computer software for providing access to the Internet, downloadable computer game and application software in the field of music, sports, gaming, movies, television, news, social networking, celebrities, nature, holidays, cooking, transportation, mapping, navigation, traffic, weather and destination information; computer software to enable the transmission of mapping, navigation, traffic, weather and destination information to telecommunications networks, wireless handheld devices, namely, personal digital assistants (PDAs), wireless phones, mobile phones, cellular phones, smart phones, video phones and mobile, slate and tablet computers and navigation devices; computer software to be used for viewing and downloading electronic maps; computer software for operating transportation route planners; accessories for wireless handheld units, personal digital assistants (PDAs), wireless phones, cellular phones, smart phones, video phones, and mobile, slate and tablet computers, namely batteries, battery doors, car kits (namely, in-vehicle hands-free electronic handheld unit cradle mounts, chargers and headsets), chargers, charging pods, headsets, adapters, desk stands, docking cradles, computer cables, cases, totes, and holsters; (3) Apparatus for lighting, namely, electric lights, flashlights; (4) Ornamental pins, lapel pins, tie pins; (5) Printed matter in the field of computers, wireless handheld devices for the wireless transmission of all types of data, sound or images, mobile communication devices, electronics, multimedia, interactive products and online services, namely, instructional, educational and teaching materials namely, books, guides, textbooks, reference manuals, reports, magazines, newsletters, periodicals and printed publications, manuals, pamphlets, brochures and catalogues; stationery, namely, telephone and address books, agendas, notepads, diaries, calendars and decals, cardboard packing boxes, cases, folders, writing paper, envelopes, file pockets, organizers, stationery-type portfolios; non-magnetically encoded prepaid purchase cards and gift cards; (6) Leather and imitations of leather, and goods made of these materials, namely, backpacks, traveling bags, sport bags, duffle bags, casual bags, casual carrying holsters, fashion carrying holsters, fashion cases, leather cases, luggage and carry-all bags, beach bags, handbags, clutch bags, shoulder bags, wallets, purses, briefcases, briefcase type portfolio cases, attaché cases, card cases (notecases), key cases, bill folds, coin purses, bum bags, wallets with compartments for passports, water resistant and waterproof cases for electronic handheld units, luggage bag tags, wallets; umbrellas; parasols; (7) Picture frames; (8) Mugs; (9) Clothing, namely, jackets, sweaters, t-shirts, sweatshirts, pants, shorts; footwear, namely, shoes, sandals, slippers; headgear, namely, hats, scarves, visors; (10) Games and playthings, namely, wireless handheld devices for playing electronic games; electronic hand-held games; hand-held units replicas, namely, toy wireless handheld devices, toy personal digital assistants (PDAs), toy wireless phones, toy mobile phones, toy cellular phones, toy smart phones, toy video phones and toy tablet computers; decorations for Christmas trees.
- (1) Advertising services for third parties, on-line advertising, advertisement planning, corporate advertising and promotion, television and radio advertising, organizing, conducting and sponsoring of trade shows exhibitions in the field of telecommunication products and services; on-line retail store services in the field of wireless communication products; providing business information, namely, providing telecommunications consultation to third parties to assist them in using, developing and supporting wireless connectivity devices and related wireless connectivity and computer communication software; marketing consulting services, namely, assisting others in the sale of telecommunication products and services; (2) Facilitating on-line payment services; (3) Repair and installation of general consumer electronics; (4) Telecommunications services, namely, transmission and reception of messages, texts, emails, voice, all types of data, musical files, video files, audio-video files, multimedia files and paging services (handheld or other means of electronic communication) and providing telecommunication connections to a global computer network; providing access to the Internet; providing access to third party electronic databases by means of one-way or two-way wireless connectivity in the field of corporate and personal data of all types; providing access to GPS (Global Positioning System) navigation services; provision of connectivity services and access to electronic communications networks for transmission and reception of audio, all types of data, video or multimedia content; provision of connectivity services and access to electronic communications networks for transmission and reception of computer software and applications; web casting services; e-mail services; wireless data messaging services, namely, services that enable a user to send and receive messages through a wireless data network; one-way and two-way paging services; transmission and reception of voice communication services, namely, transmission and reception of voice messages by electronic handheld units; electronic transmission of downloadable computer software and applications via the Internet, stored on a computer and wireless devices; broadcasting and transmission of radio programs; broadcasting and transmission of streamed and downloadable third party and user generated digital, musical, audio and video entertainment via computer, the Internet and wireless devices; telecommunications consultation, namely, providing information to third parties to assist them in developing and integrating one-way or two-way wireless connectivity to all types of data, sound, voice and images in the field of corporate and personal communications; (5) Providing GPS (Global Positioning System) navigation services; providing mapping, navigation, traffic and destination information via telecommunication networks, mobile phones, telephones, smart phones, wireless handheld devices and navigation devices; (6) Education and training services, namely, providing customers with technical support solutions, providing access to technology support blogs, chatrooms and social networking sites, providing online educational training courses in the field of telecommunication products and services and product documentation materials; entertainment services, namely, sponsoring musical concerts, sporting events (namely, basketball, baseball, football, rugby, soccer, hockey, tennis, cricket, car racing, cycling, running, track and field, swimming), arts and cultural events (namely, art exhibits, museum and gallery openings, community festivals, parades, community fund raising); publishing services, namely, electronic publishing services and desktop publishing services; education and training services, namely, classes, seminars and conferences for the purpose of providing information to third parties to assist them in using developing and supporting wireless connectivity devices and related wireless connectivity and computer communication software; (7) Scientific and technological services and research and design services relating to the design and development of computer hardware and software; software as a service (SAAS) services namely, providing access to third party software and applications for personal digital assistants (PDAs), wireless phones, mobile phones, cellular phones, smart phones, mobile computers and tablet computers; providing search engines for obtaining all types of data via telecommunications networks; internet services, namely, providing access to the Internet; searching, browsing and retrieving information, sites, and other resources available on global computer networks for others; consultancy and technical support services relating to computer hardware, software, telecommunication and GPS (Global Positioning System) services; providing access to the Internet via a global computer network and other computers and wireless devices to enable users to customize and interact with audio, video, movies, text, and multimedia content; technical support services, namely, updating and maintenance of computer software and troubleshooting support programs for diagnosis, and resolution of wireless connectivity devices and related computer software and hardware problems; providing weather information via telecommunication networks, mobile phones, telephones, smart phones, wireless handheld devices and navigation devices; (8) Licensing of computer software.
The classification data is provided for information and searching purposes only. CIPO does not warrant the accuracy of the classes assigned to the trademark. This data has no legal value of any kind.
- 6 - Common metals
- 9 - Electrical, scientific and teaching apparatus and software
- 11 - Environmental control items
- 14 - Precious and semi-precious metals, and jewellery
- 18 - Leather and artificial leather goods
- 20 - Furniture, mirrors, articles not included in other classes
- 21 - Household goods and glass
- 25 - Clothing, footwear, headgear
- 28 - Games, toys and playthings, sporting articles
- 35 - Advertising, marketing, promotional and business
- 36 - Insurance and financial
- 37 - Building construction and repair
- 38 - Telecommunications
- 39 - Transportation and storage
- 41 - Education and entertainment
- 42 - Computer and scientific
- 45 - Personal and legal
- Proposed Use in CANADA.
|Action||Action date||Response date||Comments|
|Examiner's First Report||2011-04-20||2011-10-20|
|Extension of Time||2011-10-20||2012-04-20||Request Letter Date: 2011/10/13|
|Default Notice Sent||2013-04-23||2013-06-23|
|Abandoned - Section 36||2013-07-24|
- Date modified: